New students for the fall semester begins in July once Freshman Orientation is completed. If hired, students will be notified by mail in August as to their job assignments. Hiring for the spring semester begins after class schedules are made for the spring semester, usually after Thanksgiving break. Students should not submit applications for employment until their class schedule is complete.
Applications for student positions are accepted throughout the year but most positions are filled in the first few weeks of each academic year. Applications are available in the FSA Office in Gregory Hall and may be turned in at the desired work location or Gregory Hall.
Please fill out the Student Application Form available below or stop by the Gregory Hall FSA Office to fill out an application as soon as possible.
Please email cover letter and resume for these positions to Michelle.Kowalski@fredonia.edu
Developer/IT Support Specialist
This position requires an independent and dedicated person having substantial knowledge of Microsoft technologies and expertise with Visual Studio, SQL Server, ASP.NET, C#, and HTML for the developing, testing, implementing, securing and modifying high-quality and user-friendly websites, applications, solutions, and systems to meet evolving business and customer needs. Position also provides comprehensive technical support for a wide variety of business applications and services.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Design, develop and maintain company websites and web applications
- Design, develop and maintain Windows applications
- Design, develop and maintain various reports
- Provide technical support for various applications, systems and services
- Manage projects and work collaboratively with others
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates in Computer Science with 2 years of experience
- Microsoft Visual Studio, modular design, object oriented programming
- Website and web application design and development
- Windows application design and development
- Microsoft SQL Server, database design, T-SQL, stored procedures, functions
- Basic graphic design
- Bachelors in Computer Science with 2 years of experience
- Experience with APIs and SDKs
- Responsive Design
- Mobile App development
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- VMware, Active Directory, LDAPS, SSL, cryptography, SAML & single sign-on
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
- Point of Sale Systems (Micros RES 3700 & WinPRISM POS)
- Campus Card Systems (Odyssey PCS)
- Cable TV headend & distribution